Dec 23, 2009, 5:30 PM EDT
Jason Bay may have a mystery team courting him, but he’s got nothing on the Phillies who have come to terms with a mystery closer:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Phils have
an agreement in place with a pitcher that they believe will help
fortify their bullpen. The person could not divulge the name of the
reliever, but did say the agreement is pending a physical, which would
take place during the first week of January.
I don’t know his name, but I have a pic of him. Check him out.
All this cloak-and-dagger over someone who is almost certainly Danys Baez? A bit dramatic, don’t ya think?
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)