Dec 23, 2009, 5:30 PM EDT
Jason Bay may have a mystery team courting him, but he’s got nothing on the Phillies who have come to terms with a mystery closer:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Phils have
an agreement in place with a pitcher that they believe will help
fortify their bullpen. The person could not divulge the name of the
reliever, but did say the agreement is pending a physical, which would
take place during the first week of January.
I don’t know his name, but I have a pic of him. Check him out.
All this cloak-and-dagger over someone who is almost certainly Danys Baez? A bit dramatic, don’t ya think?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 32
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 9
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)