Dec 23, 2009, 5:30 PM EDT
Jason Bay may have a mystery team courting him, but he’s got nothing on the Phillies who have come to terms with a mystery closer:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Phils have
an agreement in place with a pitcher that they believe will help
fortify their bullpen. The person could not divulge the name of the
reliever, but did say the agreement is pending a physical, which would
take place during the first week of January.
I don’t know his name, but I have a pic of him. Check him out.
All this cloak-and-dagger over someone who is almost certainly Danys Baez? A bit dramatic, don’t ya think?
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)