Dec 23, 2009, 5:30 PM EDT
Jason Bay may have a mystery team courting him, but he’s got nothing on the Phillies who have come to terms with a mystery closer:
According to a person with knowledge of the situation, the Phils have
an agreement in place with a pitcher that they believe will help
fortify their bullpen. The person could not divulge the name of the
reliever, but did say the agreement is pending a physical, which would
take place during the first week of January.
I don’t know his name, but I have a pic of him. Check him out.
All this cloak-and-dagger over someone who is almost certainly Danys Baez? A bit dramatic, don’t ya think?
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 6
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 56
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 23
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 26
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)