Dec 23, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
Glaus is coming off shoulder surgery and back problems which limited him to 29
at-bats last season. He started 151 games and hit .270/.372/.483 in
2008, so maybe there’s still something left in the tank.
That said, this is not exactly what I envisioned when I said I’d wait and see what
Frank Wren was going to do with the money he saved on Vazquez. It smells like the Garret Anderson signing last year and those signings of Mondesi and Caminiti a few years ago.
And to answer a comment: no, this doesn’t call for an apology to Joe Sheehan for my post this morning. He still wrote what he wrote before this deal, and my point wasn’t that the Braves would spend the money wisely — I conceded that they may spend it stupidly — the point was that you have to see what they do with it before you can make the sweeping kinds of judgments Sheehan made in his piece.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)