Dec 23, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
I took a bunch of Spanish in college, to the point where there was a month or two where I was thinking in Spanish all the time, getting pretty conversational and everything. At that point I should have spent a summer in an immersion program to solidify it. Instead I took a $4.25/hour job taking customer service calls for Victoria’s Secret. No, it wasn’t nearly as sexy as it sounds. Pretty gross actually. Point is that I never took any more Spanish, it all slid out of my head, and now I have the Spanglish skills of a tenth grader. Wait. They’re probably better.
I mention all of this because I have a link to a story that says this:
El cerrador dominicano Fernando Rodney acepto una oferta de dos anos y 11 millones de dolares de los Angelinos de Los Angeles informo el miercoles a ESPNdeportes.com una fuente cercana a las negociaciones.*
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that that is ESPN’s Enrique Rojas announcing that the Angels have signed Fernando Rodney to a two-year $11 million contract, but damn, I’m just not as sure as I should be. Regrets.
Anyway, Aaron had a pretty comprehensive takedown of this deal yesterday which you should check out.
Added note: Jonah Keri tweets that the Angels “already have a really talented hard-thrower to close for them, and he makes $400K: Kevin Jepsen.” So, good to see that the Angels are spending on necessities.
Fine: if you insist on English.
*accents omitted because Movable Type is worse with Spanish than I am.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 13
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)