Dec 23, 2009, 4:25 PM EST
I took a bunch of Spanish in college, to the point where there was a month or two where I was thinking in Spanish all the time, getting pretty conversational and everything. At that point I should have spent a summer in an immersion program to solidify it. Instead I took a $4.25/hour job taking customer service calls for Victoria’s Secret. No, it wasn’t nearly as sexy as it sounds. Pretty gross actually. Point is that I never took any more Spanish, it all slid out of my head, and now I have the Spanglish skills of a tenth grader. Wait. They’re probably better.
I mention all of this because I have a link to a story that says this:
El cerrador dominicano Fernando Rodney acepto una oferta de dos anos y 11 millones de dolares de los Angelinos de Los Angeles informo el miercoles a ESPNdeportes.com una fuente cercana a las negociaciones.*
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that that is ESPN’s Enrique Rojas announcing that the Angels have signed Fernando Rodney to a two-year $11 million contract, but damn, I’m just not as sure as I should be. Regrets.
Anyway, Aaron had a pretty comprehensive takedown of this deal yesterday which you should check out.
Added note: Jonah Keri tweets that the Angels “already have a really talented hard-thrower to close for them, and he makes $400K: Kevin Jepsen.“ So, good to see that the Angels are spending on necessities.
Fine: if you insist on English.
*accents omitted because Movable Type is worse with Spanish than I am.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 59
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)