Dec 23, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
I took a bunch of Spanish in college, to the point where there was a month or two where I was thinking in Spanish all the time, getting pretty conversational and everything. At that point I should have spent a summer in an immersion program to solidify it. Instead I took a $4.25/hour job taking customer service calls for Victoria’s Secret. No, it wasn’t nearly as sexy as it sounds. Pretty gross actually. Point is that I never took any more Spanish, it all slid out of my head, and now I have the Spanglish skills of a tenth grader. Wait. They’re probably better.
I mention all of this because I have a link to a story that says this:
El cerrador dominicano Fernando Rodney acepto una oferta de dos anos y 11 millones de dolares de los Angelinos de Los Angeles informo el miercoles a ESPNdeportes.com una fuente cercana a las negociaciones.*
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that that is ESPN’s Enrique Rojas announcing that the Angels have signed Fernando Rodney to a two-year $11 million contract, but damn, I’m just not as sure as I should be. Regrets.
Anyway, Aaron had a pretty comprehensive takedown of this deal yesterday which you should check out.
Added note: Jonah Keri tweets that the Angels “already have a really talented hard-thrower to close for them, and he makes $400K: Kevin Jepsen.” So, good to see that the Angels are spending on necessities.
Fine: if you insist on English.
*accents omitted because Movable Type is worse with Spanish than I am.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 19
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 32
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (97)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)