Dec 23, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
I took a bunch of Spanish in college, to the point where there was a month or two where I was thinking in Spanish all the time, getting pretty conversational and everything. At that point I should have spent a summer in an immersion program to solidify it. Instead I took a $4.25/hour job taking customer service calls for Victoria’s Secret. No, it wasn’t nearly as sexy as it sounds. Pretty gross actually. Point is that I never took any more Spanish, it all slid out of my head, and now I have the Spanglish skills of a tenth grader. Wait. They’re probably better.
I mention all of this because I have a link to a story that says this:
El cerrador dominicano Fernando Rodney acepto una oferta de dos anos y 11 millones de dolares de los Angelinos de Los Angeles informo el miercoles a ESPNdeportes.com una fuente cercana a las negociaciones.*
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that that is ESPN’s Enrique Rojas announcing that the Angels have signed Fernando Rodney to a two-year $11 million contract, but damn, I’m just not as sure as I should be. Regrets.
Anyway, Aaron had a pretty comprehensive takedown of this deal yesterday which you should check out.
Added note: Jonah Keri tweets that the Angels “already have a really talented hard-thrower to close for them, and he makes $400K: Kevin Jepsen.” So, good to see that the Angels are spending on necessities.
Fine: if you insist on English.
*accents omitted because Movable Type is worse with Spanish than I am.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)