Dec 23, 2009, 4:25 PM EDT
I took a bunch of Spanish in college, to the point where there was a month or two where I was thinking in Spanish all the time, getting pretty conversational and everything. At that point I should have spent a summer in an immersion program to solidify it. Instead I took a $4.25/hour job taking customer service calls for Victoria’s Secret. No, it wasn’t nearly as sexy as it sounds. Pretty gross actually. Point is that I never took any more Spanish, it all slid out of my head, and now I have the Spanglish skills of a tenth grader. Wait. They’re probably better.
I mention all of this because I have a link to a story that says this:
El cerrador dominicano Fernando Rodney acepto una oferta de dos anos y 11 millones de dolares de los Angelinos de Los Angeles informo el miercoles a ESPNdeportes.com una fuente cercana a las negociaciones.*
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that that is ESPN’s Enrique Rojas announcing that the Angels have signed Fernando Rodney to a two-year $11 million contract, but damn, I’m just not as sure as I should be. Regrets.
Anyway, Aaron had a pretty comprehensive takedown of this deal yesterday which you should check out.
Added note: Jonah Keri tweets that the Angels “already have a really talented hard-thrower to close for them, and he makes $400K: Kevin Jepsen.” So, good to see that the Angels are spending on necessities.
Fine: if you insist on English.
*accents omitted because Movable Type is worse with Spanish than I am.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 32
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)