Dec 24, 2009, 11:12 AM EDT
Rosenthal tweets that Juan Uribe is close to returning to the Giants. The Yankees and Red Sox have arms races involving ace starting pitchers. The Giants and Dodgers one-up each other with marginal infielders like Juan Uribe and Jamey Carroll.
Seriously though, he had a decent enough year as a second baseman/utility guy in San Francisco last year, so it makes sense that they want him back.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)