Dec 24, 2009, 11:12 AM EDT
Rosenthal tweets that Juan Uribe is close to returning to the Giants. The Yankees and Red Sox have arms races involving ace starting pitchers. The Giants and Dodgers one-up each other with marginal infielders like Juan Uribe and Jamey Carroll.
Seriously though, he had a decent enough year as a second baseman/utility guy in San Francisco last year, so it makes sense that they want him back.
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 1
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 26
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)