Dec 24, 2009, 6:16 AM EDT
It’s $3.5 million. He can make another $425K in incentives. Capps had an offer from the Cubs and a late one from the Mets, but he’ll almost certainly get to close in D.C., however, so it may be a better situation for him even if those offers were better or equal. Dejan Kovacevic reports in the linked story that the Pirates basically
dropped out after making an offer to Capps that was close to $3 million.
I have one more post that mentions Matt Capps coming up in a minute. After that, I promise that I will not talk about him again until spring.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot