Dec 24, 2009, 6:16 AM EDT
It’s $3.5 million. He can make another $425K in incentives. Capps had an offer from the Cubs and a late one from the Mets, but he’ll almost certainly get to close in D.C., however, so it may be a better situation for him even if those offers were better or equal. Dejan Kovacevic reports in the linked story that the Pirates basically
dropped out after making an offer to Capps that was close to $3 million.
I have one more post that mentions Matt Capps coming up in a minute. After that, I promise that I will not talk about him again until spring.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)