Dec 24, 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
Or tweeting, even. Yes, even the hyperactive hot stove season sleeps sometimes, and it appears as though it has gone to sleep for Christmas as of late this morning. Oh, someone may still be doing some last minute shopping — at least one store is open, with plenty left on the shelves — but most of anyone who matters in baseball is home with their families enjoying some quiet time. As they should be. And as you should too, if you’re able and fortunate enough to do so.
If someone gets restless and decides to do something — there are still some relievers Anaheim hasn’t signed yet — one of us will do a quick post about it, but as for now, we’re knocking off.
I can’t speak for Aaron, Matthew, D.J. or Bob, but later this evening I’ll be pouring some brown liquor over ice and watching Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed do their thing. Then I’m going to go to sleep, hoping that Santa Claus brings my Braves Matt Holliday with some insane back-loaded contract or something. Hope you get what you asked for too.
Merry Christmas, everyone.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)