Dec 24, 2009, 12:25 AM EDT
Athletes have already received advance notice that TMZ plans to start a site devoted solely to sports.
If today’s story is any indication, the new site will neither step lightly nor stick to chasing only names in Tiger Woods’ area code. Case in point: Chan Ho Park is suing Chad Kreuter, claiming his former Dodgers battery mate still owes him $226,358.76 (including interest) of a $460,000 loan he floated him back in 2005.
In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Park says he made the loan because Kreuter “had been a highly compensated Major League Baseball player” and he assured Park that he “would have no difficulty paying [Park] back.”
This is interesting, because according to baseball-reference.com, the “highly compensated” Kreuter made $750,000 in 2003, his final season in the majors, and just more than $8 million over the course of his 16-year career. Park, on the other hand, made $15 million in 2005 alone.
Thankfully, TMZ is on the clock to keep an eye on such dirty dealings. From Tiger Woods to Chad Kreuter, you’re all on watch now.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)