Dec 24, 2009, 12:25 AM EST
Athletes have already received advance notice that TMZ plans to start a site devoted solely to sports.
If today’s story is any indication, the new site will neither step lightly nor stick to chasing only names in Tiger Woods’ area code. Case in point: Chan Ho Park is suing Chad Kreuter, claiming his former Dodgers battery mate still owes him $226,358.76 (including interest) of a $460,000 loan he floated him back in 2005.
In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Park says he made the loan because Kreuter “had been a highly compensated Major League Baseball player” and he assured Park that he “would have no difficulty paying [Park] back.”
This is interesting, because according to baseball-reference.com, the “highly compensated” Kreuter made $750,000 in 2003, his final season in the majors, and just more than $8 million over the course of his 16-year career. Park, on the other hand, made $15 million in 2005 alone.
Thankfully, TMZ is on the clock to keep an eye on such dirty dealings. From Tiger Woods to Chad Kreuter, you’re all on watch now.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (119)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)