Dec 24, 2009, 12:25 AM EDT
Athletes have already received advance notice that TMZ plans to start a site devoted solely to sports.
If today’s story is any indication, the new site will neither step lightly nor stick to chasing only names in Tiger Woods’ area code. Case in point: Chan Ho Park is suing Chad Kreuter, claiming his former Dodgers battery mate still owes him $226,358.76 (including interest) of a $460,000 loan he floated him back in 2005.
In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Park says he made the loan because Kreuter “had been a highly compensated Major League Baseball player” and he assured Park that he “would have no difficulty paying [Park] back.”
This is interesting, because according to baseball-reference.com, the “highly compensated” Kreuter made $750,000 in 2003, his final season in the majors, and just more than $8 million over the course of his 16-year career. Park, on the other hand, made $15 million in 2005 alone.
Thankfully, TMZ is on the clock to keep an eye on such dirty dealings. From Tiger Woods to Chad Kreuter, you’re all on watch now.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 20
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 10
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)