Dec 24, 2009, 12:25 AM EDT
Athletes have already received advance notice that TMZ plans to start a site devoted solely to sports.
If today’s story is any indication, the new site will neither step lightly nor stick to chasing only names in Tiger Woods’ area code. Case in point: Chan Ho Park is suing Chad Kreuter, claiming his former Dodgers battery mate still owes him $226,358.76 (including interest) of a $460,000 loan he floated him back in 2005.
In the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Park says he made the loan because Kreuter “had been a highly compensated Major League Baseball player” and he assured Park that he “would have no difficulty paying [Park] back.”
This is interesting, because according to baseball-reference.com, the “highly compensated” Kreuter made $750,000 in 2003, his final season in the majors, and just more than $8 million over the course of his 16-year career. Park, on the other hand, made $15 million in 2005 alone.
Thankfully, TMZ is on the clock to keep an eye on such dirty dealings. From Tiger Woods to Chad Kreuter, you’re all on watch now.
Follow me on Twitter at @bharks.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)