Dec 24, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Uncertainty is not comfortable, so as nothing continues to happen for the Mets this offseason, fans have a choice: keep their hopes up or go into full-blown bitter mode. For those choosing the latter course, Bill Price of the Daily News has just what you need: a rundown of the worst things that have gone down in Mets Land in the past ten years.
The fact that Price chose Shawn Estes not beaning Roger Clemens with a baseball in 2002 as the lowest of the low is pretty revealing. As if the dangerous, vengeful, and intentional act of throwing at and hitting someone with a baseball traveling at 90 m.p.h. would represent some sort of redemption or something. Price’s psyche must be a fun place to play.
Anyway, enjoy this Mets fans.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 56
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)