Dec 24, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Uncertainty is not comfortable, so as nothing continues to happen for the Mets this offseason, fans have a choice: keep their hopes up or go into full-blown bitter mode. For those choosing the latter course, Bill Price of the Daily News has just what you need: a rundown of the worst things that have gone down in Mets Land in the past ten years.
The fact that Price chose Shawn Estes not beaning Roger Clemens with a baseball in 2002 as the lowest of the low is pretty revealing. As if the dangerous, vengeful, and intentional act of throwing at and hitting someone with a baseball traveling at 90 m.p.h. would represent some sort of redemption or something. Price’s psyche must be a fun place to play.
Anyway, enjoy this Mets fans.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 36
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 41
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants