Dec 24, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Uncertainty is not comfortable, so as nothing continues to happen for the Mets this offseason, fans have a choice: keep their hopes up or go into full-blown bitter mode. For those choosing the latter course, Bill Price of the Daily News has just what you need: a rundown of the worst things that have gone down in Mets Land in the past ten years.
The fact that Price chose Shawn Estes not beaning Roger Clemens with a baseball in 2002 as the lowest of the low is pretty revealing. As if the dangerous, vengeful, and intentional act of throwing at and hitting someone with a baseball traveling at 90 m.p.h. would represent some sort of redemption or something. Price’s psyche must be a fun place to play.
Anyway, enjoy this Mets fans.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)