Dec 24, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Uncertainty is not comfortable, so as nothing continues to happen for the Mets this offseason, fans have a choice: keep their hopes up or go into full-blown bitter mode. For those choosing the latter course, Bill Price of the Daily News has just what you need: a rundown of the worst things that have gone down in Mets Land in the past ten years.
The fact that Price chose Shawn Estes not beaning Roger Clemens with a baseball in 2002 as the lowest of the low is pretty revealing. As if the dangerous, vengeful, and intentional act of throwing at and hitting someone with a baseball traveling at 90 m.p.h. would represent some sort of redemption or something. Price’s psyche must be a fun place to play.
Anyway, enjoy this Mets fans.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 134
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (141)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)