Dec 24, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
Uncertainty is not comfortable, so as nothing continues to happen for the Mets this offseason, fans have a choice: keep their hopes up or go into full-blown bitter mode. For those choosing the latter course, Bill Price of the Daily News has just what you need: a rundown of the worst things that have gone down in Mets Land in the past ten years.
The fact that Price chose Shawn Estes not beaning Roger Clemens with a baseball in 2002 as the lowest of the low is pretty revealing. As if the dangerous, vengeful, and intentional act of throwing at and hitting someone with a baseball traveling at 90 m.p.h. would represent some sort of redemption or something. Price’s psyche must be a fun place to play.
Anyway, enjoy this Mets fans.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)