Dec 26, 2009, 8:40 AM EDT
Somewhere there’s a guy who came up with the idea to fasten all of the little parts of kids’ toys to the box with clamshell packaging, elastic bands and twisty wires. While I’m sure the idea was to make the product look cool on the store shelf, the benefits of his innovation are far outweighed by the number of raw, cut fingertips and impatient, screaming kids on Christmas morning. If I ever meet him, he’s getting punched in the back of the neck. Wait — that’s too crude. If I ever meet him I’m going to force him to open and assemble the Barbie Party Cruise Playset at gunpoint.
Anyway, while we were drinking eggnog and abusing the copy machine at the CTB Christmas Party on Thursday night, Justin Duchscherer signed with the A’s. The deal has a $2 million base with start and innings incentives that could bring it up to $5.5 million.
Good deal for the A’s. Duchscherer likely sees it as a prove-yourself deal and, if successful, will find himself back out on the market again next year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)