Dec 26, 2009, 8:40 AM EDT
Somewhere there’s a guy who came up with the idea to fasten all of the little parts of kids’ toys to the box with clamshell packaging, elastic bands and twisty wires. While I’m sure the idea was to make the product look cool on the store shelf, the benefits of his innovation are far outweighed by the number of raw, cut fingertips and impatient, screaming kids on Christmas morning. If I ever meet him, he’s getting punched in the back of the neck. Wait — that’s too crude. If I ever meet him I’m going to force him to open and assemble the Barbie Party Cruise Playset at gunpoint.
Anyway, while we were drinking eggnog and abusing the copy machine at the CTB Christmas Party on Thursday night, Justin Duchscherer signed with the A’s. The deal has a $2 million base with start and innings incentives that could bring it up to $5.5 million.
Good deal for the A’s. Duchscherer likely sees it as a prove-yourself deal and, if successful, will find himself back out on the market again next year.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)