Dec 26, 2009, 4:07 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has teamed up with Marlins president David Samson to provide fans with updates on the progress of the Marlins’ new ballpark.
The new park is scheduled to open in 2012. It is being built on the old Orange Bowl grounds and boasts a retractable roof. The Marlins are also hoping it will bring a consistently lucrative revenue stream to the organization, which should help the club avoid any future fire sales and perhaps lock up ace Josh Johnson. Whatever the result, getting away from “Land Shark Stadium” seems like a positive.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 14
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 18
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)