Dec 26, 2009, 4:07 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has teamed up with Marlins president David Samson to provide fans with updates on the progress of the Marlins’ new ballpark.
The new park is scheduled to open in 2012. It is being built on the old Orange Bowl grounds and boasts a retractable roof. The Marlins are also hoping it will bring a consistently lucrative revenue stream to the organization, which should help the club avoid any future fire sales and perhaps lock up ace Josh Johnson. Whatever the result, getting away from “Land Shark Stadium” seems like a positive.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17