Dec 26, 2009, 4:07 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has teamed up with Marlins president David Samson to provide fans with updates on the progress of the Marlins’ new ballpark.
The new park is scheduled to open in 2012. It is being built on the old Orange Bowl grounds and boasts a retractable roof. The Marlins are also hoping it will bring a consistently lucrative revenue stream to the organization, which should help the club avoid any future fire sales and perhaps lock up ace Josh Johnson. Whatever the result, getting away from “Land Shark Stadium” seems like a positive.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 0
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 60
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 31
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)