Dec 26, 2009, 4:07 PM EDT
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has teamed up with Marlins president David Samson to provide fans with updates on the progress of the Marlins’ new ballpark.
The new park is scheduled to open in 2012. It is being built on the old Orange Bowl grounds and boasts a retractable roof. The Marlins are also hoping it will bring a consistently lucrative revenue stream to the organization, which should help the club avoid any future fire sales and perhaps lock up ace Josh Johnson. Whatever the result, getting away from “Land Shark Stadium” seems like a positive.
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 41
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 10
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)