Dec 26, 2009, 4:07 PM EST
Joe Frisaro of MLB.com has teamed up with Marlins president David Samson to provide fans with updates on the progress of the Marlins’ new ballpark.
The new park is scheduled to open in 2012. It is being built on the old Orange Bowl grounds and boasts a retractable roof. The Marlins are also hoping it will bring a consistently lucrative revenue stream to the organization, which should help the club avoid any future fire sales and perhaps lock up ace Josh Johnson. Whatever the result, getting away from “Land Shark Stadium” seems like a positive.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)