Dec 26, 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
The Justin Duchscherer-to-the-A’s thing makes sense to me. He’s cheap and he’s familiar and even if things get sideways sometimes this season, he’d be easy to trade or release.
But Adrian Beltre?
It’s being reported that the A’s are talking to him too (Buster Olney says it’s a “serious look”). Which seems kind of nuts given that he’s a Boras client who thinks he’s due a minimum of $10 million over several years. Are the A’s really going to do something like that? Though the unraveling of the Mike Lowell trade might have made Beltre’s assumed landing spot a bit more complicated — which may have inspired Billy Beane to place a phone call –I’d be shocked if him and Oakland went anywhere.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)