Dec 26, 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
The Justin Duchscherer-to-the-A’s thing makes sense to me. He’s cheap and he’s familiar and even if things get sideways sometimes this season, he’d be easy to trade or release.
But Adrian Beltre?
It’s being reported that the A’s are talking to him too (Buster Olney says it’s a “serious look”). Which seems kind of nuts given that he’s a Boras client who thinks he’s due a minimum of $10 million over several years. Are the A’s really going to do something like that? Though the unraveling of the Mike Lowell trade might have made Beltre’s assumed landing spot a bit more complicated — which may have inspired Billy Beane to place a phone call –I’d be shocked if him and Oakland went anywhere.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)