Dec 26, 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
The Justin Duchscherer-to-the-A’s thing makes sense to me. He’s cheap and he’s familiar and even if things get sideways sometimes this season, he’d be easy to trade or release.
But Adrian Beltre?
It’s being reported that the A’s are talking to him too (Buster Olney says it’s a “serious look”). Which seems kind of nuts given that he’s a Boras client who thinks he’s due a minimum of $10 million over several years. Are the A’s really going to do something like that? Though the unraveling of the Mike Lowell trade might have made Beltre’s assumed landing spot a bit more complicated — which may have inspired Billy Beane to place a phone call –I’d be shocked if him and Oakland went anywhere.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 53
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)