Dec 26, 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
The Justin Duchscherer-to-the-A’s thing makes sense to me. He’s cheap and he’s familiar and even if things get sideways sometimes this season, he’d be easy to trade or release.
But Adrian Beltre?
It’s being reported that the A’s are talking to him too (Buster Olney says it’s a “serious look”). Which seems kind of nuts given that he’s a Boras client who thinks he’s due a minimum of $10 million over several years. Are the A’s really going to do something like that? Though the unraveling of the Mike Lowell trade might have made Beltre’s assumed landing spot a bit more complicated — which may have inspired Billy Beane to place a phone call –I’d be shocked if him and Oakland went anywhere.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)