Dec 28, 2009, 7:51 PM EDT
UPDATE: DeRosa has passed his physical, according to Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are on the verge of signing Mark DeRosa to a two-year contract.
Earlier this offseason DeRosa was said to be seeking a three-year deal somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million per season, but he seemingly overestimated the market for a good but not great 35-year-old coming off a significant injury.
For better or worse Giants general manager Brian Sabean has always been willing to spend big on non-elite veterans on the wrong side of 30, so San Francisco is a natural destination. No word yet on the money, but previous reports had the Giants offering DeRosa around $12 million for two years.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)