Dec 28, 2009, 7:51 PM EST
UPDATE: DeRosa has passed his physical, according to Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com
FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal reports that the Giants are on the verge of signing Mark DeRosa to a two-year contract.
Earlier this offseason DeRosa was said to be seeking a three-year deal somewhere in the neighborhood of $10 million per season, but he seemingly overestimated the market for a good but not great 35-year-old coming off a significant injury.
For better or worse Giants general manager Brian Sabean has always been willing to spend big on non-elite veterans on the wrong side of 30, so San Francisco is a natural destination. No word yet on the money, but previous reports had the Giants offering DeRosa around $12 million for two years.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40