Dec 28, 2009, 9:28 AM EDT
It’s largely out of his control, but Sam Bordon of the LoHud Yankees blog has a Taiwanese correspondent who says that Chien-Ming Wang has no hard feelings about being non-tendered by the Yankees and would consider coming back once his rehab was over, likely by May or June.
Seems to me that if Wang gets through rehab and looks like he could pitch that he’d have more options than just the Yankees. Sort of like a poor-man’s Pedro Martinez or something: not at all palatable in the winter (Wang due to health, Martinez due to contract demands) buy way more appealing when your fourth starter is ineffective or on the DL or something and you need a live body to throw into the breach.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)