Dec 28, 2009, 9:28 AM EST
It’s largely out of his control, but Sam Bordon of the LoHud Yankees blog has a Taiwanese correspondent who says that Chien-Ming Wang has no hard feelings about being non-tendered by the Yankees and would consider coming back once his rehab was over, likely by May or June.
Seems to me that if Wang gets through rehab and looks like he could pitch that he’d have more options than just the Yankees. Sort of like a poor-man’s Pedro Martinez or something: not at all palatable in the winter (Wang due to health, Martinez due to contract demands) buy way more appealing when your fourth starter is ineffective or on the DL or something and you need a live body to throw into the breach.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)