Dec 28, 2009, 9:28 AM EDT
It’s largely out of his control, but Sam Bordon of the LoHud Yankees blog has a Taiwanese correspondent who says that Chien-Ming Wang has no hard feelings about being non-tendered by the Yankees and would consider coming back once his rehab was over, likely by May or June.
Seems to me that if Wang gets through rehab and looks like he could pitch that he’d have more options than just the Yankees. Sort of like a poor-man’s Pedro Martinez or something: not at all palatable in the winter (Wang due to health, Martinez due to contract demands) buy way more appealing when your fourth starter is ineffective or on the DL or something and you need a live body to throw into the breach.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)