Dec 29, 2009, 4:03 PM EST
We’ll have more analysis of the Bay signing later — my favorite reader comment so far compares it to the Mets getting Kevin McReynolds in 1987 — but in the meantime, know that it’s not necessarily a done deal.
We passed along reports over a month ago that Bay’s health might be a concern. Jerry Crasnick and Jon Heyman both bring them up anew today. There isn’t a sense of anything huge — he had hamstring problems late last year — but there is something making people think that the usual rubber-stamp physical may be something more drawn out and complicated.
I’d posit that you’re always gonna have health risks when you sign a guy over thirty to what amounts to a five year deal, but it’s the Mets’ money, not mine, so good luck for them and all that.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)