Dec 29, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch, passing along Mark DeRosa’s answer to a question about the Cardinals never getting around to making him an offer this winter:
“I was just tired of being a lot of teams’ Plan B.”
Can’t say as I blame him. No one wants to be stepped over. People want to go where there’s something in it for them. Waiting around for the Cardinals and being thought of as only a utility guys may be how most teams wanted it, but it’s not the way he wanted it. He thinks he can handle things, not like everybody says. He’s smart and he wants respect.
So I guess that makes Xavier Nady the lone remaining Fredo in this year’s free agent class.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?