Dec 29, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the Post-Dispatch, passing along Mark DeRosa’s answer to a question about the Cardinals never getting around to making him an offer this winter:
“I was just tired of being a lot of teams’ Plan B.”
Can’t say as I blame him. No one wants to be stepped over. People want to go where there’s something in it for them. Waiting around for the Cardinals and being thought of as only a utility guys may be how most teams wanted it, but it’s not the way he wanted it. He thinks he can handle things, not like everybody says. He’s smart and he wants respect.
So I guess that makes Xavier Nady the lone remaining Fredo in this year’s free agent class.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (152)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)