Dec 29, 2009, 6:30 PM EDT
Amazin’ Avenue, via Pat Andriola, says that ESPN 1050 is saying that the Mets have signed Bengie Molina. No one else has this yet, but it wouldn’t be terribly unexpected if it happened. Last we heard they were fighting over length-of-deal, with Molina wanting three years and the Mets wanting one year plus an option.
If Jason Bay is any indication they’ll give him two years plus an option that vests upon the continuation of gravitational forces or something.
UPDATE: Pat Andriola comments below to (a) clarify that he doesn’t work for ESPN, which I knew but brain-farted into the post via the elimination of a critical “via”; and (b) to say that he didn’t say that the Mets had signed Molina; just that they’re close. Amazin’ Avenue, however, is still as of this point reporting that it’s a signing, and that’s what I was working off of.
To sum up: (a) I should never post during dinner; and (b) posting these sorts of things often means playing a game of telephone, and we know how that goes.
You may now resume your Tuesday evening.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)