Dec 29, 2009, 6:30 PM EDT
Amazin’ Avenue, via Pat Andriola, says that ESPN 1050 is saying that the Mets have signed Bengie Molina. No one else has this yet, but it wouldn’t be terribly unexpected if it happened. Last we heard they were fighting over length-of-deal, with Molina wanting three years and the Mets wanting one year plus an option.
If Jason Bay is any indication they’ll give him two years plus an option that vests upon the continuation of gravitational forces or something.
UPDATE: Pat Andriola comments below to (a) clarify that he doesn’t work for ESPN, which I knew but brain-farted into the post via the elimination of a critical “via”; and (b) to say that he didn’t say that the Mets had signed Molina; just that they’re close. Amazin’ Avenue, however, is still as of this point reporting that it’s a signing, and that’s what I was working off of.
To sum up: (a) I should never post during dinner; and (b) posting these sorts of things often means playing a game of telephone, and we know how that goes.
You may now resume your Tuesday evening.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 22
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)