Dec 29, 2009, 6:30 PM EDT
Amazin’ Avenue, via Pat Andriola, says that ESPN 1050 is saying that the Mets have signed Bengie Molina. No one else has this yet, but it wouldn’t be terribly unexpected if it happened. Last we heard they were fighting over length-of-deal, with Molina wanting three years and the Mets wanting one year plus an option.
If Jason Bay is any indication they’ll give him two years plus an option that vests upon the continuation of gravitational forces or something.
UPDATE: Pat Andriola comments below to (a) clarify that he doesn’t work for ESPN, which I knew but brain-farted into the post via the elimination of a critical “via”; and (b) to say that he didn’t say that the Mets had signed Molina; just that they’re close. Amazin’ Avenue, however, is still as of this point reporting that it’s a signing, and that’s what I was working off of.
To sum up: (a) I should never post during dinner; and (b) posting these sorts of things often means playing a game of telephone, and we know how that goes.
You may now resume your Tuesday evening.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness