Dec 29, 2009, 6:00 PM EDT
How thin? I’m going to base it on a single tweet from MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio, who said that she saw Jim Thome in a suburban Detroit hotel a few minutes ago. Does that mean Thome is talking to the Tigers? Hey, why not! TMZ is getting into sports gossip, you know. If that works out we’ll all have to start stalking people in order to compete!
Other options: He’s there to party with Miguel Cabrera, who also has a thing for suburban Detroit hotels. Or, as ESPN’s Jorge Arangure said, Thome is the kind of guy who might actually vacation in Detroit.
I can see it now: “Gee, this is a swell place. So much history. Hey, who wants to go to Canada? It’s just across that bridge there! Neat!”
So there you are. Start spreading the news. Thome to the Tigers. It’s gold, baby. Gold I tells ya.
UPDATE: Sadly, the word now is that Thome is in Detroit for a funeral. What a downer to a perfectly ludicrous rumor.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 52
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)