Dec 29, 2009, 6:00 PM EST
How thin? I’m going to base it on a single tweet from MSG Network’s Tina Cervasio, who said that she saw Jim Thome in a suburban Detroit hotel a few minutes ago. Does that mean Thome is talking to the Tigers? Hey, why not! TMZ is getting into sports gossip, you know. If that works out we’ll all have to start stalking people in order to compete!
Other options: He’s there to party with Miguel Cabrera, who also has a thing for suburban Detroit hotels. Or, as ESPN’s Jorge Arangure said, Thome is the kind of guy who might actually vacation in Detroit.
I can see it now: “Gee, this is a swell place. So much history. Hey, who wants to go to Canada? It’s just across that bridge there! Neat!”
So there you are. Start spreading the news. Thome to the Tigers. It’s gold, baby. Gold I tells ya.
UPDATE: Sadly, the word now is that Thome is in Detroit for a funeral. What a downer to a perfectly ludicrous rumor.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)