Dec 30, 2009, 10:00 AM EDT
SI’s Tim Marchman is the one who got the lets-put-a-third-team-in-New York stuff going the other day. The followup posts on the subject by myself and others led to two primary objections: (1) it’ll never happen because Hal Steinbrenner and Fred Wilpon won’t let it happen; and (2) it won’t work, because the Yankees are too entrenched.
Marchman takes on those objections here, and does a pretty good job of it. My view: if it never happens it’ll because the lack of will from the Commissioner’s office, not the objections of the New York teams. Marchman’s right: everyone has their price. All it takes is someone — or 28 or 29 other someones — willing to pay it.
But I’d go with north Jersey over Brooklyn, Tim. Just my gut feeling.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)