Dec 30, 2009, 4:34 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweets that Matt Holliday’s offer from the Cardinals exceeds $100 million.
We’ve been hearing more in the $80 million range for offers. With Bay signing and no sign of other serious offers, I can’t really imagine that the Cardinals have actually upped their offer in terms of guaranteed money, so this has to include money in option years, right?
Either way, one gets the sense that Boras wants to be able to tell people that he got his marquee client $100 million, so maybe no one really cares.
Holliday signs with St. Louis in the next 48 hours, right?
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12