Dec 30, 2009, 4:34 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweets that Matt Holliday’s offer from the Cardinals exceeds $100 million.
We’ve been hearing more in the $80 million range for offers. With Bay signing and no sign of other serious offers, I can’t really imagine that the Cardinals have actually upped their offer in terms of guaranteed money, so this has to include money in option years, right?
Either way, one gets the sense that Boras wants to be able to tell people that he got his marquee client $100 million, so maybe no one really cares.
Holliday signs with St. Louis in the next 48 hours, right?
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 6
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 20
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 56
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 69
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (94)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)