Dec 30, 2009, 4:34 PM EDT
Buster Olney tweets that Matt Holliday’s offer from the Cardinals exceeds $100 million.
We’ve been hearing more in the $80 million range for offers. With Bay signing and no sign of other serious offers, I can’t really imagine that the Cardinals have actually upped their offer in terms of guaranteed money, so this has to include money in option years, right?
Either way, one gets the sense that Boras wants to be able to tell people that he got his marquee client $100 million, so maybe no one really cares.
Holliday signs with St. Louis in the next 48 hours, right?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 41
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims