Dec 30, 2009, 5:15 PM EST
Hideki Matsui, upon arriving back in Japan:
“I’d like to prove I can play defense at spring training. It will be
difficult to play defense every day like in the past, but I’d like to
reach the point where I can play defense once every few games.”
Matsui played no defense last season. He played 24 games in the outfield in 2008. When he did, he was really, really bad. Like Adam Dunn bad.
This is not happening. The Angels signed Matsui to be a DH. If he plays a single game in the outfield next year that does not involve at least one mistake on the manager’s card and a big case of quick-onset food poisoning in the Angels’ clubhouse, I’ll eat my hat.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)