Dec 30, 2009, 7:59 AM EDT
So says Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, citing “major league sources.”
Slusser notes that the A’s have been known to make a coup or two on the international market, having signed Michael Ynoa two years ago, outbidding the Yankees for the young Dominican pitcher’s services, so it’s not at all silly to think they could sign Chapman.
For the sake of the Hendricks’ brothers malpractice liability, here’s hoping that Oakland — or someone — can sign Chapman by tomorrow night.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Sharks beat Kings, trim LA's series lead
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit