Dec 30, 2009, 7:59 AM EST
So says Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, citing “major league sources.”
Slusser notes that the A’s have been known to make a coup or two on the international market, having signed Michael Ynoa two years ago, outbidding the Yankees for the young Dominican pitcher’s services, so it’s not at all silly to think they could sign Chapman.
For the sake of the Hendricks’ brothers malpractice liability, here’s hoping that Oakland — or someone — can sign Chapman by tomorrow night.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)