Dec 30, 2009, 7:59 AM EDT
So says Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, citing “major league sources.”
Slusser notes that the A’s have been known to make a coup or two on the international market, having signed Michael Ynoa two years ago, outbidding the Yankees for the young Dominican pitcher’s services, so it’s not at all silly to think they could sign Chapman.
For the sake of the Hendricks’ brothers malpractice liability, here’s hoping that Oakland — or someone — can sign Chapman by tomorrow night.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)