Dec 30, 2009, 12:25 PM EST
That same Buster Olney post from last hour also has Buster hearing that the Dodgers are interested in Joel Piniero.
Which is fairly hilarious given that (a) the Dodgers made no effort to keep Randy Wolf because they were afraid of what he’d cost; and (b) Piniero recently said, in effect, that he wants more money than Randy Wolf got from the Brewers.
Of course, the Dodgers could win on this thing if we assume that, like last year, free agent prices will start to fall as we get closer to spring training. Ultimately, though, I think I would rather have had Randy Wolf than Joel Piniero.
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 37
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 17
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 43
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)