Dec 30, 2009, 12:25 PM EST
That same Buster Olney post from last hour also has Buster hearing that the Dodgers are interested in Joel Piniero.
Which is fairly hilarious given that (a) the Dodgers made no effort to keep Randy Wolf because they were afraid of what he’d cost; and (b) Piniero recently said, in effect, that he wants more money than Randy Wolf got from the Brewers.
Of course, the Dodgers could win on this thing if we assume that, like last year, free agent prices will start to fall as we get closer to spring training. Ultimately, though, I think I would rather have had Randy Wolf than Joel Piniero.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 30
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 83
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 36
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)