Dec 30, 2009, 12:25 PM EST
That same Buster Olney post from last hour also has Buster hearing that the Dodgers are interested in Joel Piniero.
Which is fairly hilarious given that (a) the Dodgers made no effort to keep Randy Wolf because they were afraid of what he’d cost; and (b) Piniero recently said, in effect, that he wants more money than Randy Wolf got from the Brewers.
Of course, the Dodgers could win on this thing if we assume that, like last year, free agent prices will start to fall as we get closer to spring training. Ultimately, though, I think I would rather have had Randy Wolf than Joel Piniero.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)