Dec 30, 2009, 12:25 PM EDT
That same Buster Olney post from last hour also has Buster hearing that the Dodgers are interested in Joel Piniero.
Which is fairly hilarious given that (a) the Dodgers made no effort to keep Randy Wolf because they were afraid of what he’d cost; and (b) Piniero recently said, in effect, that he wants more money than Randy Wolf got from the Brewers.
Of course, the Dodgers could win on this thing if we assume that, like last year, free agent prices will start to fall as we get closer to spring training. Ultimately, though, I think I would rather have had Randy Wolf than Joel Piniero.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)