Dec 30, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
You’d figure that if anyone was going to hire Mike Bordick as a coach it would be to coach defense considering, you know, that he was one of the best defensive players in the game back in the day. Nope, he’s going to be a roving small ball coach:
The club signed a one-year deal with former Oriole Mike Bordick this month to become its new minor league offensive coordinator.
Bordick, 44, will be responsible for working with the club’s prospects
on offensive fundamentals such as base running, bunting and situational
Well, that’s valuable too, I suppose.
It seems like a million years ago that Bordick played, let alone played for the Orioles. Then, looking him up a second ago, I was reminded that he was traded away from Baltimore for Melvin Mora. The Melvin Mora who was still playing for the O’s this past season. I’m not sure if that should make feel old or make me feel that Mora is old.
Not that we have to choose between one and the other.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)