Dec 30, 2009, 4:00 PM EDT
You’d figure that if anyone was going to hire Mike Bordick as a coach it would be to coach defense considering, you know, that he was one of the best defensive players in the game back in the day. Nope, he’s going to be a roving small ball coach:
The club signed a one-year deal with former Oriole Mike Bordick this month to become its new minor league offensive coordinator.
Bordick, 44, will be responsible for working with the club’s prospects
on offensive fundamentals such as base running, bunting and situational
Well, that’s valuable too, I suppose.
It seems like a million years ago that Bordick played, let alone played for the Orioles. Then, looking him up a second ago, I was reminded that he was traded away from Baltimore for Melvin Mora. The Melvin Mora who was still playing for the O’s this past season. I’m not sure if that should make feel old or make me feel that Mora is old.
Not that we have to choose between one and the other.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)