Happy New Year

Dec 31, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT

Vintage New Year.jpgI suppose it’s possible that something else will happen in the world of baseball today, and if it does, we’ll be all over it. But for now I think it’s safe to slip out to bid goodbye to both the year and the decade. I foresee an adult beverage or two and a lot of reflection in my immediate future. It really has been a hell of a year.

Tomorrow will be one of the few days of the year on which baseball rightfully takes a
backseat to another sport in my household. As such, my plans tomorrow are the same as they are every year: (1) watch bowl games and eat
bean dip and chicken wings until I’m either dead or divorced; and (2) fall asleep on the couch as my Buckeyes lose another BCS game. It’s a tradition, you know.  I can only hope that your New Years Eve and New Years day are filled with equally-fulfilling pursuits.

Thanks for the great first year of CTB, everyone. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

1. Jason @ IIATMS - Dec 31, 2009 at 5:05 PM

And a big thanks to everyone at CTB. Good work guys.

2. Beanster - Dec 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Great work, guys and Happy New Year! I will say I’ve gotten spoiled and refresh the site like 50x per day wondering where Jamey Carroll will sign. See you in 2010…

3. Daniel - Dec 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Happy New Year, Craig! Go Ducks!

4. YankeesfanLen - Dec 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Good year, Craig. Of course the Universe continues to spin and we’ll have another good year in ’10.
    Thanks for the memories, and let’s get this party started.
    Enjoy the New Year, my CTB commenter buddies.

5. lar @ wezen-ball - Dec 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Happy New Year, Craig and everyone else! Enjoy it safely and see you all next week!

6. Jay - Dec 31, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Happy New Year folks.
    Best of luck in 2010 to Craig and the CTB gang. Should be a good one for you guys.

7. mtjofmcap - Jan 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Happy New Year, Craig. Thanks for the great work.

8. GimmeSomeSteel - Jan 1, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Happy New Year, Craig.
    Hey, we’re one day into 2010 and my Pirates aren’t in last place alone yet!

9. bexleybay - Jan 1, 2010 at 11:30 AM

In baseball 3 outs end an inning (unless there was an error).
    First error!
    The decade does not end until 12/31/2010

10. themarksmith - Jan 1, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Happy New Year, but yeah, I’m thinking the Buckeyes are going to get rolled.

11. Old Gator - Jan 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM

N O S S
    .(New Orbit, Same Shit)

12. Ryan - Jan 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Thanks CTB, you guys rock. Looking forward to more in 2010!

13. stargatebabe - Jan 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Congrats, Craig!
    The Buckeyes won the Rose Bowl!

14. Dr Paisley - Jan 2, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Sadly, no. Decades are defined (deca = ten) by the number in the “tens” slot of the year, so the aughts ran from 1/1/2000 to 12/31/2009, and we are now in the teens.

15. click here - Jan 24, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I know its pretty late, never the less happy new year!! Best wishes!!

Papelbon destined to be traded?
  1. G. Stanton (3779)