Dec 31, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
I suppose it’s possible that something else will happen in the world of baseball today, and if it does, we’ll be all over it. But for now I think it’s safe to slip out to bid goodbye to both the year and the decade. I foresee an adult beverage or two and a lot of reflection in my immediate future. It really has been a hell of a year.
Tomorrow will be one of the few days of the year on which baseball rightfully takes a
backseat to another sport in my household. As such, my plans tomorrow are the same as they are every year: (1) watch bowl games and eat
bean dip and chicken wings until I’m either dead or divorced; and (2) fall asleep on the couch as my Buckeyes lose another BCS game. It’s a tradition, you know. I can only hope that your New Years Eve and New Years day are filled with equally-fulfilling pursuits.
Thanks for the great first year of CTB, everyone. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 23
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 6
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 31
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)