Dec 31, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
I suppose it’s possible that something else will happen in the world of baseball today, and if it does, we’ll be all over it. But for now I think it’s safe to slip out to bid goodbye to both the year and the decade. I foresee an adult beverage or two and a lot of reflection in my immediate future. It really has been a hell of a year.
Tomorrow will be one of the few days of the year on which baseball rightfully takes a
backseat to another sport in my household. As such, my plans tomorrow are the same as they are every year: (1) watch bowl games and eat
bean dip and chicken wings until I’m either dead or divorced; and (2) fall asleep on the couch as my Buckeyes lose another BCS game. It’s a tradition, you know. I can only hope that your New Years Eve and New Years day are filled with equally-fulfilling pursuits.
Thanks for the great first year of CTB, everyone. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)