Dec 31, 2009, 5:00 PM EDT
I suppose it’s possible that something else will happen in the world of baseball today, and if it does, we’ll be all over it. But for now I think it’s safe to slip out to bid goodbye to both the year and the decade. I foresee an adult beverage or two and a lot of reflection in my immediate future. It really has been a hell of a year.
Tomorrow will be one of the few days of the year on which baseball rightfully takes a
backseat to another sport in my household. As such, my plans tomorrow are the same as they are every year: (1) watch bowl games and eat
bean dip and chicken wings until I’m either dead or divorced; and (2) fall asleep on the couch as my Buckeyes lose another BCS game. It’s a tradition, you know. I can only hope that your New Years Eve and New Years day are filled with equally-fulfilling pursuits.
Thanks for the great first year of CTB, everyone. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)