Dec 31, 2009, 5:00 PM EST
I suppose it’s possible that something else will happen in the world of baseball today, and if it does, we’ll be all over it. But for now I think it’s safe to slip out to bid goodbye to both the year and the decade. I foresee an adult beverage or two and a lot of reflection in my immediate future. It really has been a hell of a year.
Tomorrow will be one of the few days of the year on which baseball rightfully takes a
backseat to another sport in my household. As such, my plans tomorrow are the same as they are every year: (1) watch bowl games and eat
bean dip and chicken wings until I’m either dead or divorced; and (2) fall asleep on the couch as my Buckeyes lose another BCS game. It’s a tradition, you know. I can only hope that your New Years Eve and New Years day are filled with equally-fulfilling pursuits.
Thanks for the great first year of CTB, everyone. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)