Dec 31, 2009, 10:27 AM EDT
Good observation at NoMaas: since Brian Cashman was given more or less complete control in 2005, the Yankees have gotten younger and younger, with the average age of the team’s pitchers clicking down nearly five years since then and the average age of the hitters going down nearly two years.
So sure, the Yankees’ payroll is staggering and they have a rep for bringing in the free agents. But they’re doing it wisely, peppering in some youngins here and there, and getting better in the process.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)