Jan 1, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
It’s not just the Angels. ESPN’s Jorge Arangure reports that the Blue Jays are making a play for Chapman too, and it’s more than just talk:
The Toronto Blue Jays
held a private workout for the touted Cuban pitcher Thursday morning in
Florida, then met with his representatives, a source close to Chapman
told ESPN The Magazine.
Between this and the Angels thing — and the fact that, as Arangure reports, Chapman’s agents are currently in Florida, where they don’t reside — suggests that Chapman could be signed very, very soon.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17