Jan 1, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
It’s not just the Angels. ESPN’s Jorge Arangure reports that the Blue Jays are making a play for Chapman too, and it’s more than just talk:
The Toronto Blue Jays
held a private workout for the touted Cuban pitcher Thursday morning in
Florida, then met with his representatives, a source close to Chapman
told ESPN The Magazine.
Between this and the Angels thing — and the fact that, as Arangure reports, Chapman’s agents are currently in Florida, where they don’t reside — suggests that Chapman could be signed very, very soon.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 31
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL