The Angels are going to make an offer to Aroldis Chapman

Jan 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT

Mike Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles is reporting that the Angels are going to make an offer to Aroldis Chapman, and they think they have an ace in the hole:

Chapman has become a close friend of Angels first baseman Kendry Morales,
a fellow Cuban refugee who recently helped convince him to switch
agents. Chapman and Morales have spent time together in Miami and have
worked out together recently.

So, Kendry gave Chapman the advice to throw his original agents over the side? Great going, Kendry. All that has done is to (a) buy Chapman a lawsuit; and (b) as of today, cause him to ncur much greater tax liability.

Can’t wait to see what other kind of mentoring Morales gives the young man. With his sage guidance he’ll probably be trashing Mike Scioscia on his Facebook page, investing in chinchilla ranches and smoking before the All-Star break.

1. Old Gator - Jan 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM

I didn’t realize that there was anybody left on the Angels.

2. GimmeSomeSteel - Jan 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Chapman could sign with the Blue Jays, in which case US taxes on a bonus would become a moot point.

3. Lulu Mcgrue - Jan 8, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I’ve got this bookmarked for a better reading later, but just now I’m too busy with school and rehearsals to really focus on what you’re saying. I’m intrigued, but I need to think about it a lot more before I throw in my 2 cents.

4. Savings - Jan 13, 2010 at 12:52 PM

In case you’re wholly unfamiliar with this breed of financial institution, a credit union is a nonprofit owned by its members.

5. Gabriel Preston - Jan 20, 2010 at 6:11 PM

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?Thanks

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3191)