Jan 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
Mike Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles is reporting that the Angels are going to make an offer to Aroldis Chapman, and they think they have an ace in the hole:
Chapman has become a close friend of Angels first baseman Kendry Morales,
a fellow Cuban refugee who recently helped convince him to switch
agents. Chapman and Morales have spent time together in Miami and have
worked out together recently.
So, Kendry gave Chapman the advice to throw his original agents over the side? Great going, Kendry. All that has done is to (a) buy Chapman a lawsuit; and (b) as of today, cause him to ncur much greater tax liability.
Can’t wait to see what other kind of mentoring Morales gives the young man. With his sage guidance he’ll probably be trashing Mike Scioscia on his Facebook page, investing in chinchilla ranches and smoking before the All-Star break.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 21
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 16
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)