Jan 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
Mike Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles is reporting that the Angels are going to make an offer to Aroldis Chapman, and they think they have an ace in the hole:
Chapman has become a close friend of Angels first baseman Kendry Morales,
a fellow Cuban refugee who recently helped convince him to switch
agents. Chapman and Morales have spent time together in Miami and have
worked out together recently.
So, Kendry gave Chapman the advice to throw his original agents over the side? Great going, Kendry. All that has done is to (a) buy Chapman a lawsuit; and (b) as of today, cause him to ncur much greater tax liability.
Can’t wait to see what other kind of mentoring Morales gives the young man. With his sage guidance he’ll probably be trashing Mike Scioscia on his Facebook page, investing in chinchilla ranches and smoking before the All-Star break.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)