Jan 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
Mike Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles is reporting that the Angels are going to make an offer to Aroldis Chapman, and they think they have an ace in the hole:
Chapman has become a close friend of Angels first baseman Kendry Morales,
a fellow Cuban refugee who recently helped convince him to switch
agents. Chapman and Morales have spent time together in Miami and have
worked out together recently.
So, Kendry gave Chapman the advice to throw his original agents over the side? Great going, Kendry. All that has done is to (a) buy Chapman a lawsuit; and (b) as of today, cause him to ncur much greater tax liability.
Can’t wait to see what other kind of mentoring Morales gives the young man. With his sage guidance he’ll probably be trashing Mike Scioscia on his Facebook page, investing in chinchilla ranches and smoking before the All-Star break.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 0
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 22
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 85
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)