Jan 1, 2010, 1:20 PM EST
Mike Saxson of ESPN Los Angeles is reporting that the Angels are going to make an offer to Aroldis Chapman, and they think they have an ace in the hole:
Chapman has become a close friend of Angels first baseman Kendry Morales,
a fellow Cuban refugee who recently helped convince him to switch
agents. Chapman and Morales have spent time together in Miami and have
worked out together recently.
So, Kendry gave Chapman the advice to throw his original agents over the side? Great going, Kendry. All that has done is to (a) buy Chapman a lawsuit; and (b) as of today, cause him to ncur much greater tax liability.
Can’t wait to see what other kind of mentoring Morales gives the young man. With his sage guidance he’ll probably be trashing Mike Scioscia on his Facebook page, investing in chinchilla ranches and smoking before the All-Star break.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)