Jan 3, 2010, 1:40 PM EST
While examining how things would have turned out if the Pirates tried
to retain Jason Bay, Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
notes that the team hasn’t approached Andrew McCutchen about a long-term contract extension this winter.
Surely Bucs fans would love to see an Evan Longoria-type extension for
the 23-year-old spark plug, but don’t look for it to happen anytime soon — McCutchen isn’t eligible to be a free
agent until after 2015.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)