Jan 3, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
While examining how things would have turned out if the Pirates tried
to retain Jason Bay, Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
notes that the team hasn’t approached Andrew McCutchen about a long-term contract extension this winter.
Surely Bucs fans would love to see an Evan Longoria-type extension for
the 23-year-old spark plug, but don’t look for it to happen anytime soon — McCutchen isn’t eligible to be a free
agent until after 2015.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8