Jan 3, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
While examining how things would have turned out if the Pirates tried
to retain Jason Bay, Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
notes that the team hasn’t approached Andrew McCutchen about a long-term contract extension this winter.
Surely Bucs fans would love to see an Evan Longoria-type extension for
the 23-year-old spark plug, but don’t look for it to happen anytime soon — McCutchen isn’t eligible to be a free
agent until after 2015.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming