Jan 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It was just a winter league game in Puerto Rico, and he went a mere 1 for 4, but given how long it’s been since Carlos Delgado picked up a bat in anger, it’s something. For what it’s worth, Delgado said he felt fine, though he didn’t go overboard with it. In all likelihood he’ll need a lot of time to get back into anything approaching Major League playing shape.
The Mets could still be interested in bringing back Delgado. The Orioles have also been rumored to be looking at him. Given how well he hit in 2008 (.271/.353/.518 with 38 homers), and even in 2009 before he was injured (298/.393/.521), Delgado could be a potential difference maker for anyone willing to take a chance on the guy.
Troy Glaus got $2 million. There’s no reason why Delgado couldn’t too, assuming he shows that he’s healthy.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)