Jan 4, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It was just a winter league game in Puerto Rico, and he went a mere 1 for 4, but given how long it’s been since Carlos Delgado picked up a bat in anger, it’s something. For what it’s worth, Delgado said he felt fine, though he didn’t go overboard with it. In all likelihood he’ll need a lot of time to get back into anything approaching Major League playing shape.
The Mets could still be interested in bringing back Delgado. The Orioles have also been rumored to be looking at him. Given how well he hit in 2008 (.271/.353/.518 with 38 homers), and even in 2009 before he was injured (298/.393/.521), Delgado could be a potential difference maker for anyone willing to take a chance on the guy.
Troy Glaus got $2 million. There’s no reason why Delgado couldn’t too, assuming he shows that he’s healthy.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)