REPORT: Holliday, Cards closing in on a $98.5 million deal

Jan 4, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT

Not sure who died and made Jim Bowden smart, but he tweetsThe Holliday may be over for most, but not St.Louis……Cards – Holliday closing in on 98.5m dollar deal.”

We will update when the story is confirmed by persons who are not Jim Bowden.

1. Ole Hoss Radburn - Jan 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Take it to the bank baby.

2. AJ Gallo - Jan 4, 2010 at 1:02 PM

In all fairness and honesty, it’s where he should wind up. And if Holliday doesn’t take that deal, he’d be very foolish.

3. GimmeSomeSteel - Jan 4, 2010 at 1:03 PM

In the words of several Reds players during the reign of the self-proclaimed “Genius” in Cincinnati–
    “You know when Bowden is lying. His lips move.”

4. Patrick - Jan 4, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Derrick Goold tweeted something similar. But he could have been relaying Bowden’s:
    “Number Crunch: Five years at $98.5 is 19.7mm per year. Boras did not seem to like 5 yr frame. Six years at 98.5 is 16.4 or less than Bay.”

5. TigerS Boy ToY - Jan 4, 2010 at 1:16 PM

At least Jim Bowden was once a GM, WHAT CAN ANY OF THESE BLOGGERS SAY, ” WELL I WAS A JOE BLOW YESTERDAY AND TODAY I’M A BLOG OWNER”

6. GBSimons - Jan 4, 2010 at 2:03 PM

And you’re quite the celebrity yourself, TigerS Boy ToY. When did you give up on being one of those guys who types “1st!!!!!” in comment sections and move on to insulting those who get paid for their blogs?

7. rusty - Jan 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM

The only Gm that may be wrose than Bowden is Minaya. He has made the Mets look like the Expos with bigger salaries…..Bowden even sounds like he doesn’t know much on his XM show. I wonder what his Fantasy team looks like?

8. Wooden U. Lykteneau - Jan 4, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Ah, c’mon – you can’t tell me TBT hasn’t made a least one cut of a “Tool Academy” or “Jersey Shore” casting call…

9. Loida Turomsha - Feb 3, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Hi, superb post, I truly enjoyed reading it. the post gave me the push to attempt my own blog, please see my post by clicking my name at the top of this comment, thank you

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. R. Castillo (3260)