Jan 4, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
New Nats’ closer Matt Capps, in an interview with the Washington Post, talking about offseason conditioning:
try not to put too much emphasis on weight. A lot of it goes on how I
feel. I’ve had two pretty rough years in my career, one in 2004 and one
last year. And the one common denominator in those two years is that I
came into camp in unbelievable shape . . . Look at Babe Ruth, David Wells; some guys perform better when they are heavier.
I feel the same way about writing and sobriety. Thank God I can now write off bourbon as a business expense.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)