Jan 5, 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
You’ve seen the commercials for years: “Major League superstar” Fred McGriff in some off-brand hat and jersey endorsing the Tom Emanski Defensive Drills video. I never flip away when that spot airs. It’s positively sublime. McGriff, sure, but those little leaguers going through their drills is pretty sweet too. I always wonder which of those kids practiced the hardest, got drafted and one day made their first trip to Ciudad Juarez to buy over the counter growth hormone for his Texas League teammates.
Anyway, if you ever wanted to hear the story behind the making of the Emanski ad, Tyler Kepner is your huckleberry. He spoke with the Crime Dog about it, and who answered every question you ever had about that epic production.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)