Jan 5, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Matt Holliday will return to the Cardinals on a seven-year, $120 million contract, a deal that Holliday later confirmed on ESPN Radio.
The contract becomes the fourth-largest ever given to an outfielder, behind Manny Ramirez’s eight-year, $160 million deal with Boston, Alfonso Soriano’s $136 million deal with the Cubs and Vernon Wells’ $126 million deal with the Blye Jays.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17