Jan 5, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
With a Youkilis and a Beltre in the fold, Casey Kotchman didn’t have a home in Boston. Now, according to Buster Olney, it looks like he’ll be shipped off to Seattle. The deal — which is being reported as “close” but not final, is for a minor leaguer. Kotchman would likely start in Seattle.
Kotchman used to look like an excellent all-around first baseman. He hit .296/.372/.467 in 137
games in 2007 with strong D. Since then he’s hit just .270/.333/.398 in 269 games, which is borderline for a starter. Maybe a trip back to the AL West will turn his fortunes around.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)