Jan 5, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
With a Youkilis and a Beltre in the fold, Casey Kotchman didn’t have a home in Boston. Now, according to Buster Olney, it looks like he’ll be shipped off to Seattle. The deal — which is being reported as “close” but not final, is for a minor leaguer. Kotchman would likely start in Seattle.
Kotchman used to look like an excellent all-around first baseman. He hit .296/.372/.467 in 137
games in 2007 with strong D. Since then he’s hit just .270/.333/.398 in 269 games, which is borderline for a starter. Maybe a trip back to the AL West will turn his fortunes around.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)