Jan 5, 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
With a Youkilis and a Beltre in the fold, Casey Kotchman didn’t have a home in Boston. Now, according to Buster Olney, it looks like he’ll be shipped off to Seattle. The deal — which is being reported as “close” but not final, is for a minor leaguer. Kotchman would likely start in Seattle.
Kotchman used to look like an excellent all-around first baseman. He hit .296/.372/.467 in 137
games in 2007 with strong D. Since then he’s hit just .270/.333/.398 in 269 games, which is borderline for a starter. Maybe a trip back to the AL West will turn his fortunes around.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness