Jan 5, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
A lot of you get sick of the little piece-by-piece rumor mill of the hot stove season, preferring that we wait until there’s a solid news story instead of a mere rumor to talk about something. I understand why you feel that way, but I disagree with that approach for the simple reason that I view a blog as a conversation, and you shouldn’t expect your friendly neighborhood blogger to zip it until news is official any more than you would the guy on the next bar stool over from you.
Wait. Bad example. God, I wish that guy would shut up.
Anyway, the point is that we make it pretty darn clear when we actually pretend to be reporting news around here. The rest of the time we’re just chatting, and there’s no harm in that. Chat back at us. That’s what the comments are for.
With that disclaimer out of the way, I’m going to offer you another one of those little bitty pieces of gossip that drive some of you crazy: According to 590 The Fan (question: is there a sports radio station in the country that doesn’t call itself “the Fan”?) Matt Holliday has put an offer down on a home in the St. Louis area. I’m guessing this means that the courtship is over and the kissing has begun.
Next up: Jon Heyman tweets that Holliday has signed offer sheets on houses in Balitmore, New York and San Francisco, and that he’s very close to signing a lease on a co-op in a “mystery city.”
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 2
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)