Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
From their road jerseys at least. They’ve dropped the Marlin-jumping-over-the-F thing from the sleeve too. This comes in advance of the team renaming themselves the “Miami Marlins” once they move into their new park in 2012.
I like the name “Miami Marlins” because alliteration rocks. I also hope that the team puts “Miami” on the roadies come 2012 because that would be cool. I don’t like this “Marlins” interregnum, however, as I think there should be a federal law requiring teams to put city or state names on their road jerseys.
I reckon that this is just lame “branding,” brought on by a fear that people will forget what Miami is or that they’ll accidentally drive to Tallahassee for Marlins games or something.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)