Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
From their road jerseys at least. They’ve dropped the Marlin-jumping-over-the-F thing from the sleeve too. This comes in advance of the team renaming themselves the “Miami Marlins” once they move into their new park in 2012.
I like the name “Miami Marlins” because alliteration rocks. I also hope that the team puts “Miami” on the roadies come 2012 because that would be cool. I don’t like this “Marlins” interregnum, however, as I think there should be a federal law requiring teams to put city or state names on their road jerseys.
I reckon that this is just lame “branding,” brought on by a fear that people will forget what Miami is or that they’ll accidentally drive to Tallahassee for Marlins games or something.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 28
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 191
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (191)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)