Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
From their road jerseys at least. They’ve dropped the Marlin-jumping-over-the-F thing from the sleeve too. This comes in advance of the team renaming themselves the “Miami Marlins” once they move into their new park in 2012.
I like the name “Miami Marlins” because alliteration rocks. I also hope that the team puts “Miami” on the roadies come 2012 because that would be cool. I don’t like this “Marlins” interregnum, however, as I think there should be a federal law requiring teams to put city or state names on their road jerseys.
I reckon that this is just lame “branding,” brought on by a fear that people will forget what Miami is or that they’ll accidentally drive to Tallahassee for Marlins games or something.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 39
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (75)