Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
From their road jerseys at least. They’ve dropped the Marlin-jumping-over-the-F thing from the sleeve too. This comes in advance of the team renaming themselves the “Miami Marlins” once they move into their new park in 2012.
I like the name “Miami Marlins” because alliteration rocks. I also hope that the team puts “Miami” on the roadies come 2012 because that would be cool. I don’t like this “Marlins” interregnum, however, as I think there should be a federal law requiring teams to put city or state names on their road jerseys.
I reckon that this is just lame “branding,” brought on by a fear that people will forget what Miami is or that they’ll accidentally drive to Tallahassee for Marlins games or something.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)