Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 PM EDT
From their road jerseys at least. They’ve dropped the Marlin-jumping-over-the-F thing from the sleeve too. This comes in advance of the team renaming themselves the “Miami Marlins” once they move into their new park in 2012.
I like the name “Miami Marlins” because alliteration rocks. I also hope that the team puts “Miami” on the roadies come 2012 because that would be cool. I don’t like this “Marlins” interregnum, however, as I think there should be a federal law requiring teams to put city or state names on their road jerseys.
I reckon that this is just lame “branding,” brought on by a fear that people will forget what Miami is or that they’ll accidentally drive to Tallahassee for Marlins games or something.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)