Jan 5, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Most people suspected this already, but the Red Sox have officially decided that they’ll play the newly acquired in centerfield and shift Jacoby Ellsbury to left field. It makes sense: Cameron has played all of three games in left field — none of which with the Green Monster behind him — while Ellsbury has played 80 games there.
Of course, with the embarrassment of defensive riches the Red Sox have going into this season, they could probably stick one at catcher and hide one behind the second base bag like we used to with Kay from accounting during rec league softball, and they’d still be a defensively superior team. It’s like the positive version of moving deck chairs around on the Titanic, whatever that is.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)