Jan 5, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Most people suspected this already, but the Red Sox have officially decided that they’ll play the newly acquired in centerfield and shift Jacoby Ellsbury to left field. It makes sense: Cameron has played all of three games in left field — none of which with the Green Monster behind him — while Ellsbury has played 80 games there.
Of course, with the embarrassment of defensive riches the Red Sox have going into this season, they could probably stick one at catcher and hide one behind the second base bag like we used to with Kay from accounting during rec league softball, and they’d still be a defensively superior team. It’s like the positive version of moving deck chairs around on the Titanic, whatever that is.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)