Jan 5, 2010, 12:23 AM EST
Jason Giambi is considering re-signing with the Colorado Rockies. We know this because a source said as much to Troy Renck of The Denver Post.
Giambi opened up his new club “Vanity” at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas this week. He’s a part owner in the venture, and lives in Vegas during the offseason. Sources hanging out at the club today told me that Giambi is still considering remaining with the Rockies because of his positive experience last year.
“Sources hanging out” at a club in Las Vegas? Sounds reliable to me. What could possibly go wrong?
Often in a situation like this, a newspaper’s editor must know the name of his writer’s unnamed source, so maybe we can have faith that Renck’s source is Giambi’s agent, his brother Jeremy, a former teammate or maybe even Jason himself. But this particular phrasing doesn’t lend itself much confidence does it? Someone might think the info came from one of Tiger Woods’ girlfriends or one of O.J. Simpson’s memorabilia-collecting buddies.
Luckily, talk of Giambi’s destination for the 2010 season doesn’t carry a lot of buzz these days. It’s not like he’s Brett Favre. So if Renck wants to quote little old ladies playing the slot machines, more power to him.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)