Jan 5, 2010, 12:23 AM EST
Jason Giambi is considering re-signing with the Colorado Rockies. We know this because a source said as much to Troy Renck of The Denver Post.
Giambi opened up his new club “Vanity” at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas this week. He’s a part owner in the venture, and lives in Vegas during the offseason. Sources hanging out at the club today told me that Giambi is still considering remaining with the Rockies because of his positive experience last year.
“Sources hanging out” at a club in Las Vegas? Sounds reliable to me. What could possibly go wrong?
Often in a situation like this, a newspaper’s editor must know the name of his writer’s unnamed source, so maybe we can have faith that Renck’s source is Giambi’s agent, his brother Jeremy, a former teammate or maybe even Jason himself. But this particular phrasing doesn’t lend itself much confidence does it? Someone might think the info came from one of Tiger Woods’ girlfriends or one of O.J. Simpson’s memorabilia-collecting buddies.
Luckily, talk of Giambi’s destination for the 2010 season doesn’t carry a lot of buzz these days. It’s not like he’s Brett Favre. So if Renck wants to quote little old ladies playing the slot machines, more power to him.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 64
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)