Jan 5, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Jason Giambi is considering re-signing with the Colorado Rockies. We know this because a source said as much to Troy Renck of The Denver Post.
Giambi opened up his new club “Vanity” at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas this week. He’s a part owner in the venture, and lives in Vegas during the offseason. Sources hanging out at the club today told me that Giambi is still considering remaining with the Rockies because of his positive experience last year.
“Sources hanging out” at a club in Las Vegas? Sounds reliable to me. What could possibly go wrong?
Often in a situation like this, a newspaper’s editor must know the name of his writer’s unnamed source, so maybe we can have faith that Renck’s source is Giambi’s agent, his brother Jeremy, a former teammate or maybe even Jason himself. But this particular phrasing doesn’t lend itself much confidence does it? Someone might think the info came from one of Tiger Woods’ girlfriends or one of O.J. Simpson’s memorabilia-collecting buddies.
Luckily, talk of Giambi’s destination for the 2010 season doesn’t carry a lot of buzz these days. It’s not like he’s Brett Favre. So if Renck wants to quote little old ladies playing the slot machines, more power to him.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)