Jan 5, 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
Jason Giambi is considering re-signing with the Colorado Rockies. We know this because a source said as much to Troy Renck of The Denver Post.
Giambi opened up his new club “Vanity” at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas this week. He’s a part owner in the venture, and lives in Vegas during the offseason. Sources hanging out at the club today told me that Giambi is still considering remaining with the Rockies because of his positive experience last year.
“Sources hanging out” at a club in Las Vegas? Sounds reliable to me. What could possibly go wrong?
Often in a situation like this, a newspaper’s editor must know the name of his writer’s unnamed source, so maybe we can have faith that Renck’s source is Giambi’s agent, his brother Jeremy, a former teammate or maybe even Jason himself. But this particular phrasing doesn’t lend itself much confidence does it? Someone might think the info came from one of Tiger Woods’ girlfriends or one of O.J. Simpson’s memorabilia-collecting buddies.
Luckily, talk of Giambi’s destination for the 2010 season doesn’t carry a lot of buzz these days. It’s not like he’s Brett Favre. So if Renck wants to quote little old ladies playing the slot machines, more power to him.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 26
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 84
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 15
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)