Jan 6, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
With Matt Holliday in the fold for a gabillion dollars and an extension to Pujols in the offing, it’s not like they have a ton of room to work, but given that their current front runner for the third base job appears to have some issues taking care of himself, it’s not crazy for St. Louis to think about someone else at the hot corner.
Enter Miguel Tejada, with whom Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Distpatch says the Cardinals have “been intrigued.”
It would definitely have to be a short, low money deal for the St. Louis to want to do it, but Tejada could certainly be a useful part of a Cardinal team that appears poised to win the Central division. They could certainly use the depth, and even if David Freese does stick at third, the fact that Tejada can still probably play some shortstop in a pinch might make him an attractive target.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)