Jan 6, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
With Matt Holliday in the fold for a gabillion dollars and an extension to Pujols in the offing, it’s not like they have a ton of room to work, but given that their current front runner for the third base job appears to have some issues taking care of himself, it’s not crazy for St. Louis to think about someone else at the hot corner.
Enter Miguel Tejada, with whom Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Distpatch says the Cardinals have “been intrigued.”
It would definitely have to be a short, low money deal for the St. Louis to want to do it, but Tejada could certainly be a useful part of a Cardinal team that appears poised to win the Central division. They could certainly use the depth, and even if David Freese does stick at third, the fact that Tejada can still probably play some shortstop in a pinch might make him an attractive target.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)