Jan 6, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
It’s much better to be a DH buyer than a DH peddling your wares. Just ask the Rangers who, according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, have any number of options available to them this winter. Among the candidates: Vlad Guerrero, Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome, Gary Sheffield and Xavier Nady.
I agree with Sullivan that Nady, due to his ability to at least play a little outfield, and Guerrero, the most talented of that crop and most likely to put up a big season, are the best bets. But really, any of those guys would look pretty good in the Ballpark at Arlington.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 4
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)