Jan 6, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
It’s much better to be a DH buyer than a DH peddling your wares. Just ask the Rangers who, according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, have any number of options available to them this winter. Among the candidates: Vlad Guerrero, Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome, Gary Sheffield and Xavier Nady.
I agree with Sullivan that Nady, due to his ability to at least play a little outfield, and Guerrero, the most talented of that crop and most likely to put up a big season, are the best bets. But really, any of those guys would look pretty good in the Ballpark at Arlington.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)