Jan 6, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
It’s much better to be a DH buyer than a DH peddling your wares. Just ask the Rangers who, according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, have any number of options available to them this winter. Among the candidates: Vlad Guerrero, Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome, Gary Sheffield and Xavier Nady.
I agree with Sullivan that Nady, due to his ability to at least play a little outfield, and Guerrero, the most talented of that crop and most likely to put up a big season, are the best bets. But really, any of those guys would look pretty good in the Ballpark at Arlington.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)