Jan 6, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
It’s much better to be a DH buyer than a DH peddling your wares. Just ask the Rangers who, according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, have any number of options available to them this winter. Among the candidates: Vlad Guerrero, Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome, Gary Sheffield and Xavier Nady.
I agree with Sullivan that Nady, due to his ability to at least play a little outfield, and Guerrero, the most talented of that crop and most likely to put up a big season, are the best bets. But really, any of those guys would look pretty good in the Ballpark at Arlington.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)