Jan 6, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
It’s much better to be a DH buyer than a DH peddling your wares. Just ask the Rangers who, according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, have any number of options available to them this winter. Among the candidates: Vlad Guerrero, Jermaine Dye, Jim Thome, Gary Sheffield and Xavier Nady.
I agree with Sullivan that Nady, due to his ability to at least play a little outfield, and Guerrero, the most talented of that crop and most likely to put up a big season, are the best bets. But really, any of those guys would look pretty good in the Ballpark at Arlington.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (294)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)