Jan 6, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
We read this morning that the Blue Jays and Angels are the front runners for Aroldis Chapman. Still, when it comes to big name free agents and the New York teams, you have to go by slasher-flick rules: they’re not dead until they’re really, really, really definitely dead.
Buster Olney says that as far as Chapman is concerned, the Mets and Yankees are really, really, really definitely dead.
In light of that, you may now commence having the hot stove league equivalent of awkward 1970s movie sex down by the lake at the abandoned summer camp, because absolutely nothing unexpected can happen now.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)