Jan 6, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
We read this morning that the Blue Jays and Angels are the front runners for Aroldis Chapman. Still, when it comes to big name free agents and the New York teams, you have to go by slasher-flick rules: they’re not dead until they’re really, really, really definitely dead.
Buster Olney says that as far as Chapman is concerned, the Mets and Yankees are really, really, really definitely dead.
In light of that, you may now commence having the hot stove league equivalent of awkward 1970s movie sex down by the lake at the abandoned summer camp, because absolutely nothing unexpected can happen now.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)