Jan 6, 2010, 5:05 PM EST
We read this morning that the Blue Jays and Angels are the front runners for Aroldis Chapman. Still, when it comes to big name free agents and the New York teams, you have to go by slasher-flick rules: they’re not dead until they’re really, really, really definitely dead.
Buster Olney says that as far as Chapman is concerned, the Mets and Yankees are really, really, really definitely dead.
In light of that, you may now commence having the hot stove league equivalent of awkward 1970s movie sex down by the lake at the abandoned summer camp, because absolutely nothing unexpected can happen now.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)