Jan 6, 2010, 5:05 PM EST
We read this morning that the Blue Jays and Angels are the front runners for Aroldis Chapman. Still, when it comes to big name free agents and the New York teams, you have to go by slasher-flick rules: they’re not dead until they’re really, really, really definitely dead.
Buster Olney says that as far as Chapman is concerned, the Mets and Yankees are really, really, really definitely dead.
In light of that, you may now commence having the hot stove league equivalent of awkward 1970s movie sex down by the lake at the abandoned summer camp, because absolutely nothing unexpected can happen now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)