Jan 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Everyone’s favorite complaint heading into the 2010 season will be about how cold and rainy and icky it’s going to be in Target Field and why oh why they didn’t put a roof on the joint.
Baseball Daily Digest’s Joe Hamrahi throws cold water on that talk, however, noting that of all of the cold weather major league cities where parks lack roofs, Minnesota’s average daily temperature in April is only two degrees lower than Denver and Detroit, and three degrees colder than Boston, Chicago and Cleveland. As for rain: Minneapolis has an average of ten rainy days each April, fewer than any city but Denver.
I suppose it’s possible that Joe Mauer will be put on the DL after being triple dog dared to stick his tongue on a frozen Target Field flag pole or something, but ultimately I think they’ll be just fine.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)