Jan 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Everyone’s favorite complaint heading into the 2010 season will be about how cold and rainy and icky it’s going to be in Target Field and why oh why they didn’t put a roof on the joint.
Baseball Daily Digest’s Joe Hamrahi throws cold water on that talk, however, noting that of all of the cold weather major league cities where parks lack roofs, Minnesota’s average daily temperature in April is only two degrees lower than Denver and Detroit, and three degrees colder than Boston, Chicago and Cleveland. As for rain: Minneapolis has an average of ten rainy days each April, fewer than any city but Denver.
I suppose it’s possible that Joe Mauer will be put on the DL after being triple dog dared to stick his tongue on a frozen Target Field flag pole or something, but ultimately I think they’ll be just fine.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)