Jan 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Everyone’s favorite complaint heading into the 2010 season will be about how cold and rainy and icky it’s going to be in Target Field and why oh why they didn’t put a roof on the joint.
Baseball Daily Digest’s Joe Hamrahi throws cold water on that talk, however, noting that of all of the cold weather major league cities where parks lack roofs, Minnesota’s average daily temperature in April is only two degrees lower than Denver and Detroit, and three degrees colder than Boston, Chicago and Cleveland. As for rain: Minneapolis has an average of ten rainy days each April, fewer than any city but Denver.
I suppose it’s possible that Joe Mauer will be put on the DL after being triple dog dared to stick his tongue on a frozen Target Field flag pole or something, but ultimately I think they’ll be just fine.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)