Jan 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Everyone’s favorite complaint heading into the 2010 season will be about how cold and rainy and icky it’s going to be in Target Field and why oh why they didn’t put a roof on the joint.
Baseball Daily Digest’s Joe Hamrahi throws cold water on that talk, however, noting that of all of the cold weather major league cities where parks lack roofs, Minnesota’s average daily temperature in April is only two degrees lower than Denver and Detroit, and three degrees colder than Boston, Chicago and Cleveland. As for rain: Minneapolis has an average of ten rainy days each April, fewer than any city but Denver.
I suppose it’s possible that Joe Mauer will be put on the DL after being triple dog dared to stick his tongue on a frozen Target Field flag pole or something, but ultimately I think they’ll be just fine.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 18
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 205
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 105
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (205)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)