Jan 7, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Everyone’s favorite complaint heading into the 2010 season will be about how cold and rainy and icky it’s going to be in Target Field and why oh why they didn’t put a roof on the joint.
Baseball Daily Digest’s Joe Hamrahi throws cold water on that talk, however, noting that of all of the cold weather major league cities where parks lack roofs, Minnesota’s average daily temperature in April is only two degrees lower than Denver and Detroit, and three degrees colder than Boston, Chicago and Cleveland. As for rain: Minneapolis has an average of ten rainy days each April, fewer than any city but Denver.
I suppose it’s possible that Joe Mauer will be put on the DL after being triple dog dared to stick his tongue on a frozen Target Field flag pole or something, but ultimately I think they’ll be just fine.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)