Jan 7, 2010, 5:21 PM EDT
UPDATE: A source tells Jerry Crasnick that, no, the Rangers aren’t going any higher than $5 million on Vlad. I love this: battling ESPN stories. I met both Crasnick and Arangure in Indianapolis. Crasnick has the reach, but Arangure is no doubt quicker.
Anyway, even $5 million is a good offer for a guy in Vlad’s position, so one would think that he’d take it.
2:16 P.M.: ESPN’s Enrique Rojas — via a tweet from Jorge Arangure — reports that the Texas Rangers have offered Validmir Guerrero a one year, $7 million deal. Arangure says that it’s not clear that Vlad will accept, but I’m not exactly sure where he’d get a better offer. It’s hard out there for a DH right now.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 8
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 6
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 1
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles