Jan 7, 2010, 5:21 PM EDT
UPDATE: A source tells Jerry Crasnick that, no, the Rangers aren’t going any higher than $5 million on Vlad. I love this: battling ESPN stories. I met both Crasnick and Arangure in Indianapolis. Crasnick has the reach, but Arangure is no doubt quicker.
Anyway, even $5 million is a good offer for a guy in Vlad’s position, so one would think that he’d take it.
2:16 P.M.: ESPN’s Enrique Rojas — via a tweet from Jorge Arangure — reports that the Texas Rangers have offered Validmir Guerrero a one year, $7 million deal. Arangure says that it’s not clear that Vlad will accept, but I’m not exactly sure where he’d get a better offer. It’s hard out there for a DH right now.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 19
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 32
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (97)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)