Jan 7, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
So tweets Marlins beat writer Clark Spencer.
As was reported yesterday, Florida wasn’t really able and/or interested in matching the money Chapman is being offered from the Angels and the Blue Jays. Instead, they were hoping that the home-away-from-home culture of Miami would help lure the young Cuban to south Florida, making up for the lower cash offer.
My guess is that Chapman realized that even if those considerations matter to him, (a) Miami is much nicer between November and February than it is in the middle of summer; and (b) you can get a perfectly good ropa vieja and plantain plate in Toronto or L.A. these days, so like, what’s the point?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy