Jan 7, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
So tweets Marlins beat writer Clark Spencer.
As was reported yesterday, Florida wasn’t really able and/or interested in matching the money Chapman is being offered from the Angels and the Blue Jays. Instead, they were hoping that the home-away-from-home culture of Miami would help lure the young Cuban to south Florida, making up for the lower cash offer.
My guess is that Chapman realized that even if those considerations matter to him, (a) Miami is much nicer between November and February than it is in the middle of summer; and (b) you can get a perfectly good ropa vieja and plantain plate in Toronto or L.A. these days, so like, what’s the point?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)