Comment of the Day: Mike Lowell is a slacker

Jan 8, 2010, 7:08 PM EDT

A reader is not all that impressed with Mike Lowell’s “mission”:

he’s bragging about working out 4 or 5 times a week? I work out 4 or 5 times a week, and I have a full-time+ job and a two year old.  WTF?! No wonder he looked slow out there all year.

Maybe his defense and hitting would improve if he had worked out 4 or 5 or, dare I suggest, 6 times a week last year. Geeeeeezzuuuuuus.

Tough crowd.

1. Old Gator - Jan 10, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Heh, I knew that even if you didn’t pick up on it the first time, you’d appreciate it on the second reading. A lot like reading Cien anos de soledad twice. You’ll have to keep me abreast of your adventures in the Borgesian. Like I said, I envy you that first encounter. I think “Pierre Menard” is in the collection of his ficciones titled – uh – in English Ficciones but also in the collection The Garden of Forking Paths. You’ll see right away why Adams worshipped him.
    I did my workout this morning – not planning to challenge Mike Lowell, of course (Old Gator Replying to John from Concord: you’re absolutely right about that frame of reference). I didn’t get to do my usual Saturday laps in the pool due to this unnatural mimicry of winter; I don’t acknowledge it, because, to paraphrase the immortal Leona Helmsley, winter is for the little people. Yeah, but there’s still FitTV. Double dose of the Namaste Yoga girls on Saturday night, and what John from Concord said notwithstanding, Lily, Erin, Evangeline, Michelle et al can leave one gasping for air as well, you know?

2. Payton Boxen - Jan 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Well when was the last time your friend told you something about someone on myspace and you needed to get to myspace to check it out. But the problem is the myspace is blocked where you were. Yeah it happens a lot. Thats a great time to break out a Myspace Proxy and unblock myspace on the spot.

3. check point firewall - Jan 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM

What a gem :) I found your site on Yahoo looking for something completely unrelated- and now I’m going to need to go back and read through all the old posts XD So long free time this morning, but this was a amazing find.

4. Carol Faragoza - Jan 17, 2010 at 6:15 AM

We just couldnt leave your website before saying that we really enjoyed the quality information you offer to your visitors… Will be back often to check up on new stuff you post!

5. springfield xd accessories - Feb 5, 2010 at 1:52 PM

You crafted a great point, however have you truly wondered how it may impact various individuals? I don’t say you’re wrong, I merely would like to identify that there’s more than A single aspect to that article.

6. livejasmine - Feb 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. G. Springer (3997)