Jan 8, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
The Nippon Ham Fighters of Japan’s Pacific League have signed Blue Jays’ righty Brian Wolfe. Wolfe had a 8.22 ERA in 14 games in relief with the Jays and had a 5.05 ERA in 34 games at Triple-A Las Vegas.
I don’t really care about the signing that much, but it does make me wonder if there’s a Japanese version of Rany Jazayerli who eviscerates the Fighters for bad signings like Rany does the Royals.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)