Jan 8, 2010, 2:07 PM EDT
The Nippon Ham Fighters of Japan’s Pacific League have signed Blue Jays’ righty Brian Wolfe. Wolfe had a 8.22 ERA in 14 games in relief with the Jays and had a 5.05 ERA in 34 games at Triple-A Las Vegas.
I don’t really care about the signing that much, but it does make me wonder if there’s a Japanese version of Rany Jazayerli who eviscerates the Fighters for bad signings like Rany does the Royals.
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 24
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 5
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 10
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 11
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 20
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)