Jan 8, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
I dunno, man. It’s Jim Bowden again, and Jim Bowden has shown that he couldn’t out-scoop his mother on the scoopingest day of his life with an electrified scooping machine.
But then again, this Guerrero-to-Texas stuff seems pretty inevitable, so we’ll pass it along anyway: Vlad has come to his senses, realizes that no one is going to give him some chubby two-year contract so he and the Rangers are finalizing a one-year deal.
Of course, given that it’s Bowden, Guerrero could be just as close to signing to keep goal for Bayern Munich or something.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)