Jan 8, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
5:03: UPDATE: Done deal according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. No details yet on the money.
4:50 P.M. OK, forget what I wrote earlier about the Rangers and Brett Myers. I got my tweets mixed up and clicked Jerry Crasnick’s old Rangers/Myers tweet instead of the new Astros thing. What can I say? All those Texas teams look alike to me.
But for the sake of accuracy, let’s clarify: The ASTROS are trying to sign Brett Myers. Myers is losing his mojo pretty quickly these days, but if he’s cheap he may be worth a shot at a non-contender’s rotation, and the Astros are certainly a non-contender.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)