Jan 8, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
5:03: UPDATE: Done deal according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. No details yet on the money.
4:50 P.M. OK, forget what I wrote earlier about the Rangers and Brett Myers. I got my tweets mixed up and clicked Jerry Crasnick’s old Rangers/Myers tweet instead of the new Astros thing. What can I say? All those Texas teams look alike to me.
But for the sake of accuracy, let’s clarify: The ASTROS are trying to sign Brett Myers. Myers is losing his mojo pretty quickly these days, but if he’s cheap he may be worth a shot at a non-contender’s rotation, and the Astros are certainly a non-contender.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 19
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 46
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 22
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)