Jan 8, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
5:03: UPDATE: Done deal according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. No details yet on the money.
4:50 P.M. OK, forget what I wrote earlier about the Rangers and Brett Myers. I got my tweets mixed up and clicked Jerry Crasnick’s old Rangers/Myers tweet instead of the new Astros thing. What can I say? All those Texas teams look alike to me.
But for the sake of accuracy, let’s clarify: The ASTROS are trying to sign Brett Myers. Myers is losing his mojo pretty quickly these days, but if he’s cheap he may be worth a shot at a non-contender’s rotation, and the Astros are certainly a non-contender.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 0
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 21
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)