Jan 8, 2010, 4:50 PM EST
5:03: UPDATE: Done deal according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com. No details yet on the money.
4:50 P.M. OK, forget what I wrote earlier about the Rangers and Brett Myers. I got my tweets mixed up and clicked Jerry Crasnick’s old Rangers/Myers tweet instead of the new Astros thing. What can I say? All those Texas teams look alike to me.
But for the sake of accuracy, let’s clarify: The ASTROS are trying to sign Brett Myers. Myers is losing his mojo pretty quickly these days, but if he’s cheap he may be worth a shot at a non-contender’s rotation, and the Astros are certainly a non-contender.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)