Endy Chavez is on the comeback trail

Jan 9, 2010, 9:03 AM EDT

Remember this guy? Mets fans surely
do, but he didn’t have much time to endear himself in Seattle before
blowing out his right knee in a nasty collision with with shortstop
Yuniesky Betancourt last June. Chavez underwent ACL and MCL surgery on
the knee in July, but according to his agent Peter Greenberg, he is
currently “ahead of schedule” and could be major league ready by May.

Chavez’s value obviously springs
from his speed and fantastic defense, so he plans to showcase himself
for teams in March in order to earn a new contract. According to
Greenberg, he’d even be willing to sign a minor league deal.

“Endy is doing very well both physically and mentally in Venezuela.
He’ll come to Seattle end of January and take it from there. There is
also a chance that Endy may even be signed by the time he gets to
Seattle as we have had a few clubs ask if we’d entertain a minor-league
offer at this time – and we have said we would. If it is interesting
enough and Endy likes the situation, he may sign even before the end of
this month.”

The Mariners have already stated
their interest, but given that Chavez is close to full strength, and
wouldn’t have much impact on a team’s 40-man roster, I can’t see how most MLB teams wouldn’t have interest in a defensive player of his caliber.

1. Mirtha Zodrow - Jan 17, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Thanks very much for putting together this great site.

2. SnowJam - Jan 17, 2010 at 6:28 AM

I totally agree!

3. Carmen Lacaille - Jan 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I would suggest setting message commercializing, let me explicate. You can get a video recording professionally produced for around $47.00 97.00 (30-60 seconds) proving your topping desk drawer slide. You can even prove how good it is to destruct your rivals and blast it around over 100 internet video sites for as little as $5.00 per site to be done manualy!You can get keyword inquiry done for you professionally, keying the keyword words that will get you a adequate amount of search volum, yes with shorter competing pages. Thank you for this article! I’ve just retrieved a really good archive about seo marketing Essay it!

4. Trinity Losinski - Feb 2, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Hi webmaster, commenters and everybody else – The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need – Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such Concepts… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

5. Nicolas Birrueta - Mar 6, 2010 at 7:31 AM

This is one technology that I would love to be able to use for myself. It’s definitely a cut above the rest and I can’t wait until my provider has it. Your insight was what I needed. Thanks

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto