Jan 9, 2010, 10:07 AM EDT
We’re hearing mixed messages on Vladimir Guerrero. Yesterday Jim Bowden was harping that the Rangers were finalizing a one-year contract with him.
The two sides are known to be talking, so we gave him the benefit of
the doubt at the time, but last night a source told the Fort Worth
Star-Telegram that nothing had changed in negotiations for the veteran slugger.
I’m done with you, Bowden.
In other news, the Rangers are still
“pushing on” free agent outfielder Jermaine Dye. According to Evan
Grant of the Dallas Morning News, team officials met with him in Los Angeles this week.
The Rangers would like him to be their primary designated hitter, but so far,
Dye has been reluctant to accept the role. You know, since he has so
much to offer with the glove.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (86)