Jan 9, 2010, 10:07 AM EST
We’re hearing mixed messages on Vladimir Guerrero. Yesterday Jim Bowden was harping that the Rangers were finalizing a one-year contract with him.
The two sides are known to be talking, so we gave him the benefit of
the doubt at the time, but last night a source told the Fort Worth
Star-Telegram that nothing had changed in negotiations for the veteran slugger.
I’m done with you, Bowden.
In other news, the Rangers are still
“pushing on” free agent outfielder Jermaine Dye. According to Evan
Grant of the Dallas Morning News, team officials met with him in Los Angeles this week.
The Rangers would like him to be their primary designated hitter, but so far,
Dye has been reluctant to accept the role. You know, since he has so
much to offer with the glove.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)